Friday, January 13, 2017

#slowvide and #loaflife

The Anova sous vide has been getting a LOT of action! 

First, we made chicken thighs with olive oil, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. I was complaining a lot about how long we had to wait, and I was getting pretty hangry. However, when I took the first bite of those buttery thighs, I knew it was worth every minute. This first attempt got us really excited about trying different meats!



The next day, we made steak with olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic. The wait wasn't quite as long for the steak and the final product as perfectly and evenly cooked. However, I don't think it was worth the wait. The steak was delicious! But it wasn't significantly better than just cooking steak in the cast iron alone. The perfectly even cooking doesn't really justify waiting double the time when the satisfaction level is the same with both methods. 



The day after, we made sockeye salmon with dried dill and lemon slices. Yes, this one was as buttery as the chicken thighs! Worth the wait. 



Today, we made chicken breasts which were very moist for breasts but obviously not as tasty as the thighs. My favorites so far are the salmon and the chicken thighs! I'm excited to try pork and corned beef next. 

I also made a batch of banana bread with Whysk baking mix! More fiber and other goodies, and the bread tasted just as good as usual. I sprinkled cinnamon on the top of the batter, and the loaf came out with a beautiful cinnamonny crust. 


And I haven't given up on the artisan loaves! I made a sun-dried tomato and whole garlic clove loaf. It was a hit at the Seahawks game viewing party. 









No comments:

Post a Comment