Saturday, January 7, 2017

Cooking spree

My first week of 2017 has been a cooking spree!

I've always loved banana bread, but I had never made it until now. The hardest part was waiting for the bananas to overripen. We ate slices for breakfast, which is relatively healthy because we normally don't eat breakfast. 



Making tomato bisque was easier than I thought, especially because the immersion blender did all of the work. We ate the bisque with quesadillas that Matt melted on his cast iron skillet. 



Someone mentioned tortilla soup at work, so I made a batch that night! I even made freshly baked tortilla chips. Again, the immersion blender was very helpful.



Matt requested chicken noodle soup because he's sick. If I had a bigger dutch oven, I wouldn't have had to use a stock pot! 



Carrot raisin bread smells like cinnamon rolls and tastes like carrot cake. I LOVE how moist this bread came out! I think we'll be alternating between this and banana bread for our weekday breakfasts. 



I'm going to need to get a recipe binder soon! This loaf pan is really coming in handy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment