Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Crawfish Berfday

For my last 20-something birthday, I decided to do a crawfish party... since I love crawfish so much! I thought a lot of people would be out of town or busy this weekend for EDC and Father's Day festivities, but actually a lot of people showed up!!!



It was a feast for sure, but we were pretty accurate in estimating how much food to have ready. The 10 lbs. of crawfish boil was exactly enough, and there was plenty of other BBQ to keep people satiated! I was especially tired because Matt, Chelsie, and I hiked Poo Poo Point (Chirico trail) in the morning, but I managed to stay awake until night time! I got to use my new presents during hiking (the hiking pack and Hydro Flask)!! They were just what I needed. Anyway, I think night time was longer than anyone expected me to last, LOL.



I wasn't expecting to, but I got even more presents! Chels gave me this really awesome single serving smoothie/slushy maker.... OMG so perfect for summer. And she included the sweetest card! David V. also brought over a whole box of sweet cherries. YUMMY!!!! I've already used both of these gifts together to make a deeeericious and healthy smoothie. I can't wait to make more through the summer!




Until now, I was kind of unsure about celebrating my birthday in Seattle. I'm so glad that I did this year, because I was able to usher in the new year with so many great friends that I've accumulated since I've moved! This was a very happy birthday, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment