Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Pat's Dash

I finally did the St. Pat's Dash! And it was pouring rain all morning, and freezing cold. My regular cropped athletic leggings were definitely not enough to keep me warm, especially when we were waiting at the starting line.

After we started running, I warmed up quickly. The rain was pretty annoying all over my face and in my eyes. I guess it didn't matter after the first mile or so anyway, because I was drenched. I was definitely eyeing the runners that had hats on! They were so much more prepared than I was...

Sarah was the fastest jogger, which I expected. She ran solo, and I too ran solo at a slower rate. Sam, Matt, and Sean must have walked more than we did, because they were behind me. I think everyone was a little bit miserable when we first met up, because we only got 3 hours of sleep (actually Sam came after she got off work and didn't sleep!) but by the time we finished the 5k we felt great.



I fell off track with my training schedule for Beat the Bridge, so I wasn't really prepared for this run. However, with the weather and my inadequate gear, I don't think it mattered too much. I was more concerned about securing my footing and dodging puddles than I was about my time. Considering the shape that I was in, I am happy with my pace time!! My Beat the Bridge pace was 12:28 last year, so even though this is a shorter run I think I am showing decent improvement!



We played drinking games and ate junk food at the apartment after to celebrate. And it was TONS of fun. Maybe not the best idea to calorie load after getting a great workout in to start the day.

Hopefully we won't binge eat/drink as much after the next run. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment