Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My first bridal shower

This past weekend, I attended my first bridal shower! I was so nervous because the dress code was "white or neutral colors" and I don't ever wear white... and rarely wear neutrals! I'm all about blacks and blues and the occasional neon. Fortunately, I was able to get a neutralish outfit together (after two failed shopping trips looking for a white dress) and I wasn't the only one not wearing a white dress. Phew!



We enjoyed some delicious sangria and SO MUCH good food!!! Geez, the desserts were like a meal alone! After lunch we played trivia, about how well we knew the couple/bride. I had to guess for a lot because I haven't known Eric and Lorraine for as long as the other guests, but I got a few right!!! It was a lovely outdoor party on a sunny day with beautiful grass and a small garden around us. It was wonderful!

Watching Lorraine open gifts was pretttyyyy hilarious, especially the lingerie gifts. :) Her eyes lit up whenever she opened something for the kitchen, and she looked VERY excited for the hand blender. I didn't even think about gift opening so I shipped her gift directly to her from the registry.. oops! I know for next time now...

I don't have many girlfriends, and I'm really happy to have been included in the bridal shower. I had so much fun! And I felt all of the love and excitement for an upcoming wedding. I'd only hope to have 1/3 the attendees if I ever have a bridal shower. And everyone was so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment