Saturday, February 1, 2014

gadgets & gizmos aplenty

Loving the new neighborhood, new apartment, new adorable doggie neighbors, and most importantly my new gadgets! We got a small Eureka Quick-up stick vac and a big Bissell PowerForce Helix -- I've missed vacuuming so much! And I also got the Nespresso Pixie that I use on days when I work from home, and on weekends. Definitely loving the electric kettle that my brother gave me for Christmas, and I've been getting LOTS of use out of the fruit-infusing water bottle that Matt's sister got me! I have yet to use the electric wine opener, but I will soon. Maybe this weekend!

I've also been playing Just Dance 2014 at least 3x a week... I think it's keeping me more engaged than Dance Central used to. It's odd because Dance Central had so many more songs that I liked, but Just Dance is more fun to dance and sing to.

The Leaf HD receiver has been working well for us, and we're surviving just fine without cable (I knew we would). We've been watching lots of streamed TV shows and movies, and there's still plenty for us to catch up on. The Pure Komachi knife set has been nothing short of amazing, and it makes cooking fun! I've even been wearing my Fuelband regularly now.

We fell in love with a reclining couch at Macy's but decided that our couch is still fine (especially since I washed all of the covers after we moved). Maybe during our next lease we can get a new one; it's also probably not a good idea to get a new couch if we're thinking about getting a dog. In the meantime, I've been looking at food processors.. but they're so expensive. I'm really hesitant! I do, however, definitely need a new set of ceramic pots. That's next on the list. The never-ending list!

No comments:

Post a Comment