Sunday, July 8, 2012

Celebrating July 4th

So this year, Independence Day awkwardly fell on a Wednesday!

This, of course meant, partying on Tuesday night. And where better than See Sound Lounge?? It was night of mayhem, as it should have been, but unfortunately for me I was suffering through a stomach ache. I was so uncomfortable that I remained completely sober the entire night even though I was drinking quite a bit. That's definitely no bueno. The night did lighten up for me toward the end though and I started to feel a bit better. I met some new people, got to dance briefly, and in the end the night wasn't a total bust.






Wednesday I felt much better! Victor and I did a seafood boil at the house and even though I invited people no one else showed up. OH WELL! More food for us =)

We got a bunch of food from Central Market in Shoreline, which is like the coolest market I've ever been to. I was so impressed that I took a picture. Kind of weird, right?

The first round of seafood boil was a bit bland. The second one was better, and by the third round we had it almost perfected with just the right amount of salt!

We thought it was still slightly lacking flavor though, and we decided to throw in some beer because half of the water had evaporated. We made the mistake of adding apricot beer (seemed like a good idea at the time!) and there wasn't even a fourth round. It was okay though, we were stuffed!

Later that night for dinner we decided to do something fun with the clams, so we kind of threw together some olive oil, white wine, clam juice, and tomatoes. It came out beautifully! And I got to eat it while I watched the Seattle fireworks on TV. July 4th this year was more tame than usual, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.





No comments:

Post a Comment