Monday, February 27, 2012

My Newfound Obsession - Flowsik of Aziatix

SO in high school, I had this obsession with Jin the MC. Corinna and I went to all of his performances, meet & greets, and cd signings. One of the events that I hosted as a head promoter with DNC just happened to sign Jin as a performer (well it was actually after relentless begging of the CEO, haha). That night I got to go up on stage with him before and after the performance, and I got to hug him and talk to him. I felt a bliss like never before. I remember going to work at the airport at 4AM right after the club, not a wink of sleep and feeling like nothing less than a million bucks. I was walking on clouds.

And until now, I'd forgotten that feeling. But tonight, oh tonight. Tonight was a night of wonderment, and experiencing the sultry rhymes of Flowsik was simply elating. There's something about that deep and comforting voice. And that super cool, laid back demeanor. I really love Aziatix - that sweet boy band R&B sound that makes your heart drop for 3 minutes at a time. Oh, and I liked New Heights also, the opener from tonight. Got to take a picture with the lead singer!



I'm sad I didn't get to take a picture with Flowsik. But when he signed my arm, he asked me if I was going to keep it forever. I don't even remember what I said back. I think I said I'd try. And after we left I was looking at the signature on my arm and the signature on Menie's poster - I realized that MINE HAS A HEART!!!!!! *Swwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooon*





Le sigh. I'm so glad Menie convinced me to go to this concert, for a band that I'd never heard of until two days ago. I'm so sad that I didn't get a picture with Flowsik, but I'll always have the picture of the autograph on my arm (with the heart, BOOO YA). And I'm going to pretend that I'm the only girl in the world that he's ever put a heart on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment