Monday, January 2, 2012

Jump Starting Resolutions

Life is good, resolutions are great.

Day 2 of the New Year and I've managed to knock out all of my resolutions! I woke up and did my face, and then I checked my lotto ticket at 7-11. The machine told me I'm "not a winner" -- I suppose it would be cruel if the display said loser. With my mood slightly dampered, I went to the Urban Coffee Lounge to read my book. It was noisier than I thought it would be (I Yelped "coffee, study" to find it) so I ended up just people watching instead of reading. I really enjoyed witnessing the scuttling through the rain by the passerbys. I even saw a girl dressed like a tiger, wearing shuffling pants. SO bizzare.

After an hour of people watching, I went to the thrift store in Kenmore. I was searching for cute little trinkets for a craft project I will be starting soon. I didn't realize that today was the 1/2 off everything sale, so there were quite a few people already there. Unfortunately, my quest for trinkets was a bust. But not entirely! I got a fancy glass plate to put my fruits on, it was only $1.65. I was also tempted to buy cute animal shaped sculptures, but I knew deep inside my heart that it would be a waste of money and space.



I went home to start cooking dinner. I prepped my curry ingredients during commercial breaks while watching the Sharks @Canucks. Such a good game! Overtime of course, and then the shoot out. I had to remind myself to breathe during OT - good thing it's only five minutes long. I miss getting all of the Sharks games, but at least now that the NHL is on the new NBC sports channel, I'll get more hockey games.

After the Sharks won, I went to the gym! Six months and one resolution later, it felt great to have finally gone back. I really like Planet Fitness, a lot more than 24 hour fitness. Many more machines, less crowded, nicer facility, and there are even tanning booths and massage chairs. Although, I highly doubt I'll be using the latter.

I came home to my big pot of curry. I feel great, and I'm going to sleep early tomorrow so I can wake up and have time to brush my hair! If today is any indication of what this year will be like, I think it's safe to say that this could be my best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment