Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gargantuan Leaps & Bounds - Seattle, Here I Come!



I've never been so emotionally confused, ever. There are all kinds of feelings writhing and wrestling within me - excitement, sadness, fear, hope, curiousity, and I don't even know what else.

All of my life, I've only known the Bay Area. And even within the Bay Area, I've never moved out on my own! So now is the time to grab and tear at the bubble that I've known forever. To make myself vulnerable and force myself to experience a new era. To leap into the darkness and dive head first into an uncertainty. I, AM, SO, F'ING, EXCITED!!!!!

There's so much to do, that I don't even know where to begin! Last Wednesday, I got a call about a job at a shop and the phone interview turned into an invite for an in-person interview. I flew out Friday night and spent the weekend with Victor, then Monday morning I was driving to my interview - no nerves at all! Given my track record (consistently getting offers after interviews - 7 for 7), the pressure is always on. I'm usually breathing deeply, concentrating intensely, and tapping my fingers. But not this time? Whatever the case, the interview went well and now it's time to get the ball rolling. I accepted the very next day.

I submitted my resignation yesterday and had an exit interview with my bosses today. It was actually scheduled as my long-overdue annual review, but given the circumstances, that became a moot point. I really will miss the people at DA, and the twisted humor that results from ridiculous working conditions. Also, strangely enough, I was all nerves turning in my resignation, and I nearly broke down during the exit interview when I was explaining my reasons for leaving. I definitely am sad to go, but there are too many compelling reasons to move on.

Now I'm checking out apartments, getting my things in order, figuring out what I want to ship and what Klaus will take, deciding which day I should leave, and trying to figure out the 20+ things I'm overlooking. Moving out for the first time is overwhelming, especially with a new job and relocating to a new state. I'll really miss my mom, and that's certainly the hardest part. I'm thinking that this will either be a great experience or a horrible experience, and I'm praying it'll be the former. In any case, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! Time to grow up and put my big girl pants on - I'm going to give it all I've got. Leaps and bound, cartwheels and freefalls, I'm taking Seattle on and living my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment