Sunday, July 24, 2011

Loose Ends, Last Goodbyes

So the days have been dwindling quickly, until I finally need to move my whole life 819.5 miles up North. Luckily, everything is coming together quite nicely! I started packing hair tools/makeup/random crap on Friday, and spent today tying up loose ends and making some serious progress with organizing my possessions.

I visited BMW this morning to catch up with the guys, and I also shipped a box with dresses, undies, socks, and scarves - the light essentials. It was very nice to see my old colleagues before leaving, I would have felt sad not saying goodbye. When I got home I also packed the heels that I want to take, AND BOY I'LL TELL YA - IT WAS LIKE PLAYING REAL LIFE TETRIS WITH UNFAIR SHAPES! I must have packed and unpacked those suckers 3-4 times each. I finally worked it out though.

I also paid my dental bill, activated my satellite radio subscription, drove my brother to his apartment to drop stuff off, and settled my monthly bills. So much accomplished! I had time to sneak a nap in before Thai Stick with Janet and Kevin also, PHEW. Dinner was delicious, and we went to Teaway for some boba action. Afterward, we watched Horrible Bosses, and now I am exhausted!

All I have left to pack is clothing and the last minute daily-use items like my electronics and such. I'm glad I left myself 4+ days to pack clothes, because that's probably going to be the hardest part. Really having to decide what is "important" enough to take with me is an ENTIRELY new experience. But trimming the fat is a good thing, right? Yes, I believe it is ALWAYS a good thing.

My mom decided to drive up with me yesterday, so we'll get some more time to hang out before I leave her. She gets to stay with Aunty for a few days also so it's a double-win for everyone. I just hope we don't kill each other along the way, 12-14 hours? YOWZA! SO many exciting things happening, so little time. The clock is counting down and I'm sad to think that I'm saying goodbye to my life in San Francisco. I'm excited for Seattle and I'm hoping that it will temporarily fill the gaping void that will grow larger as I drive further and further away from my home, in only 5 short days. The anxiety is absolutely tantalizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment