Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The New Jay Oh Bee

So, the new job is officially fan-tas-tic! =) Much more fun than I had anticipated, and I don't know if I could ask for more. Well, more money, but you can always ask for more money. As far as coworkers, environment, management, and actual work goes, I seriously couldn't ask for much else! Great benefits, corporate discounts, company lunches, fully-stocked kitchens, and happy hour. OMG, it almost feels too good to be true.

And the work? I really enjoy the projects because they're so hands-on and I definitely get to see all of my effort in the final result. Right now we're between projects, so I'm learning how to code HTML and CSS. Yesterday, I made my own webpage! I'm learning tons about MS Office also - so many things I didn't know you could do in Excel. I'm already nearing the end of my second week, and I'm still excited!

There are so many lunch places to explore in San Mateo, and so much sunshine out there to bask in =) I met with Nick and Jon last week for Santa Ramen, YUM! I haven't had much free time but I've managed to get to HH a couple of evenings and went to Regina's birthday last Saturday. It's difficult going out, what with all of the waking up early and working at BMW on Saturdays still. Although, the commute really isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I honestly don't mind the drive. I haven't decided how to decorate my cube yet, but I'm thinking frogs will be all I need!

Right now I'm packing for Seattle, I'm flying out after work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have time to blog about my trip, got lots of fun activities planned and am sure I'll have plenty of pictures. SO much going on, so little time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment