Friday, July 1, 2016

Country Western Bee-day

For my birthday this year, we had a FEAST at the house! Unfortunately, the chosen day was a dreary and overcast setting for a BBQ. Fortunately, it didn't rain the entire time. :) 

I got to wear my awesome Stetson all day, with my denim overalls!! I actually wasn't planning to dress up, until Gavin and Lisa arrived in their country attire. And then Mike showed up dressed like a cowboy... so then I went upstairs to change, and it was immediately more fun.

My faves of the day:
  • Dinuguan
  • Chili and cornbread
  • Crawfish
  • Poke 
  • Ginger molasses cookies  
  • Pistachio and taro froyo
  • Chicken pasta salad 
And there were a LOT of other dishes. We ate so much that we could barely drink! That was probably a good thing.. 

I'm really sad that I didn't get any pictures with my strawberry cheesecake, which JR made from scratch!! Hopefully by next year I can train Matt to take my birthday pics. I'm incredibly thankful to have so many friends in Seattle, and I was delighted to help others find friends here. Nick and Steph just moved up, and I was so excited to introduce them to everyone - especially to Wilson because he's also from the Bay. 

Looking back at my previous birthdays, I sure have simmered down over the past few years. I'm happy to be where I am now, though, and am an even more firm believer that everything happens for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment