Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bark at the Park

Unfortunately for Forrest, I didn't know about Bark at the Park... until this year! We took him to the game against the As, and the weather was perfect. All of the dogs were so well-behaved, and the Safeco workers did a fantastic job of keeping the areas as clean as possible. We saw one scuffle at the check-in table, between a husky and mastiffy dog, but I don't think the husky owner was watching her dog. Based on the way she reacted, she didn't seem like a responsible owner.

Forrest is afraid of heights, which is something I hadn't considered when buying tickets - all of the dog sections are on the third level. He fought us when walking up the ramps, and any time we walked within 4-5 feet of an edge. He REALLY didn't want to walk up the stairs to our seats, but we went up anyway.


Initially, I set him in his own seat. He kept scooting backward, and the seat of the chair would collapse inward. LOL. There was also a gigantic Bernese mountain dog sitting behind us, drooling all over Forrest's back. It was SO CUTE! 


I let him sit in my lap, because he seemed more at ease. The Bernese dog kept leaning over my shoulder to get closer to Forrest, and he drooled on my hair. I didn't mind, but we definitely both needed a thorough bathing after the game. 


Despite the terrifying heights, I think Forrest had a great time. He got to smell and meet so many dogs in just a few hours! And he snatched up some french fries and tortilla chip scraps from the floor. Hanging out at the bar/food area was probably his faaaaavorite part of the night. 

Can't wait to do it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment