Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wedding season is coming...

I just wrote up a long post about my upcoming weddings, but it magically disappeared after publishing. Hmph.

Anyhoo, up until now I had only been to 3 weddings that I can remember (since I'm not sure if I should count the weddings I attended at a young age). My first wedding reception was for Carrie and Long, my first ceremony and reception combo was for My and Ya, and then I attended another combo ceremony and reception for Matt's cousin's wedding in LA recently. And up until now, I've heard many people talk about the phase in life where all of your friends get married within a short span of time. I always thought to myself that it sounded so fun and exciting! Now that I've reached this infamous phase... it is actually stressful and very expensive. -____-

From now through the end of the year, I have 6 weddings to attend - 3 of which are in SF. Yikes! Geoff and Thea are having a black tie formal wedding next week, which will be exciting because everyone will be all fancy! The rest of the weddings (Christina/Victor, Lorraine/Eric, Lisa/Quanh, Anna/Everett, and Cindy/Thomas) will probably be regular wedding attire... I hope. Between finding dresses and accessories, planning trips back and forth to attend the events, buying gifts, and my family trip in October, I am so freaking stressed out. And overspending. I know that it's worth every penny because I don't want to miss the happiest moments in my friends' lives *cue the waterworks* but this is probably my most expensive year yet. It's nice to have pretty dresses, though, but really hard to find dresses that I love without spending too much. I have 3 new dresses so far, and no accessories... LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment