Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY: Breaking Boundaries

Yesterday, I so desperately wanted to watch the Sharks game that I did something that I've always wanted to do, but never was able to get myself to do - I went to a bar alone. The Angry Beaver is a new hockey bar (and I think the only one) in Seattle. And yes, THEY WERE PLAYING MY GAME! AND THEY'RE GOING TO PLAY ALL OF THEM! So glad I actually went, the owner was really nice and welcoming and I didn't feel awkward at all. I met a guy from Pittsburg and we made small talk. It's hard to talk to people at the bar when I'm watching hockey though, I guess I'll get better at multi-tasking. Because I'm definitely going back! I also had poutine for the first time, it was pretty darned good.

Today during lunch at work I took a walk to the bank because it was so gorgeous out. I ended up eating at Genki sushi by myself, and it was awesome. Didn't have to wait for anyone, didn't have to share either. I haven't eaten alone at a restaurant since college.. when I had long breaks between classes and I used to grab dinner at the pizza place near campus.

Look at me, doing it myself. WHAT'S NEXT? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment