Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gone Country

So after the holidays things have definitely calmed down *PHEW*, but still lots going on. The weekend before last, Victor came to visit from Seattle!! I always wondered what it would be like to host visitors from another city and I had previously thought that I'd know exactly where to take them. Nope. Turns out, it's harder than it looks. I took him to some of my favorite places to eat! And we went to Medjool, Redwood Room, Rogue, Holy Cow, and a few of the other regular spots. It was a kind of a crazy weekend, and we didn't get to go to the Sharks game, but I think he and his friends had fun! I know I did!! :)

I also started a NERT class last week with the Al Pals & co. I've already learned a lot of things I feel I should have known about safety, how to react, and useful tips for emergency disaster/awareness. Even though sitting through class for hours is super tiring after work, it was nice to be "learning" again and in a lecture environment. I miss school! And I am SO glad we're taking this class, I know we'll be so much better off ... just in case..

I've been going out lots and soaking up as much time as I can with my wonderful friends, I even went to my first dog birthday party on Sunday! It was entertaining to say the least, I just love staring at dogs. I drove Bear to the dog party and thankfully he didn't try to eat or paw Klaus. Everything has been awesome thus far, almost three weeks into the new year and I'm lovin' it!

I think I'm starting to outgrow hip hop. And I'm definitely tired of hearing Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, and Kesha, over and over again on ALL of the radio stations. I've started listening to COUNTRY! And I will close with a few of my new fave songs :)





1 comment:

  1. haha it IS hard to play host, I hope I did alright over Thanksgiving.

    Country's cool. My favorite country song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMy5IBmX7E

    ReplyDelete