Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Best Christmas Ever -- Smiles All Around

Soooooo, this has got to be the best Christmas ever for me!

On Christmas Eve, my family and I went to my Aunt's house for dinner. We usually don't do anything Christmassy (no gifts, no big family dinners etc.) so this was a nice change. My mom, who has had a tough couple of years recently, hadn't spent too much time with my aunt in a while and I could tell that she really enjoyed herself. Heck, we all did! My brother and I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time, and my mom even said that she hadn't had so much fun in years. It really was a heartwarming night as my mom and aunt reminisced their college days and such. And there were many moments where I laughed so hard that I was in tears. The food was great, and it was an excellent way to spend Christmas Eve =)

Saturday, Christmas Day, didn't do much at all - just stayed home with my mom because she's sick and I didn't want her to be alone since my brother left for the weekend. I ended up going to Ruby Skye on Saturday night and.. well.. I had too much fun and called it a night around midnight. Although, for the time that I was out with my faaaavorite people, I had a blast -- as always. I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends and family and family friends. I usually feel very alone during the holidays, but this year is totally different. I'm glad that I'm alone because I'm surrounded by delightful company all of the time!

Today was a lazy morning/afternoon, but I got out of bed finally to hang out with the boys. We played games at Chad's place (Scattegories, which I have progressively gotten worse at) and some of us ended up drinking to a loss (or in my case, losses). It's not fun to lose for me, ever. I blame Chad partly, because we get the same answers a lot and I lose points because they cancel out!! Like "big boats" and "Murcielago", he needs to get out of my head!!! But anyway, we had family-style dinner at a Chinese restaurant and then went on to karaoke.

And now I'm going to go back in time to Thursday.. because for this post I am saving the best for last. On Thursday, I got off work early and went to visit BMW!! It was awesome seeing all of my old co-workers and catching up! I really miss the place.. but everyone seems to be doing well and it was really nice to be there again. I told Larry about the car I had my eye on and we discussed the process so I got a much better understanding on how to deal. It helped A LOT because I was so hesitant. And so after I left BMW I started to get the ball rolling... and soon enough..

ON CHRISTMAS EVE I GOT MY CAR!!! Chad is such a dear, he took me to the dealer in the morning. Less than an hour later I was driving off in my awesome new Volvo, that sexy beast. When I got back to the city I picked Chad up and we went to eat at Americana, where he is a total local celeb LOL. I can't describe the overwhelming anticipation that took hold of me the night before, and the morning of. And I can't describe the ridiculous excitement of driving the car around the city for the first time. But I can say that it was AMAZING, and I love it.

I'm so happy. This is the best Christmas ever, because I got myself the coolest present ever ever ever!!! When I drive it, things are just SO much more enjoyable. Pure bliss. My first big girl purchase and I couldn't be more satisfied. Alex got me my OWN NERF GUN as a car warming gift, such a sweetheart! I am just having.. the best.. December... ever.. and I hope everyone else feels the same. Happy holidays!!!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Don't shoot me! Glad you're having such a wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm reliving december through your blog. Get outta yo mind!

    man your guys' cars are so baller, i wish I had heated seats and lumbar support

    ReplyDelete